May 06, 2009

Spring Has Sprung





South Central Alaska is enjoying a gentle spring rain this evening that has come at the end of a full 7 days of warm sunshine. The bright green of new life has emerged from the trees and the ground and from our squares of flower and vegetable starts.


Carlos is experiencing the new life of a no-longer 20-something young adult. He celebrated all weekend starting with the annual Kentucky Derby party Saturday, a birthing class Sunday, first lawn mow of the year and steaks Monday, ending with show and tell to 3 and 4 year olds at the local school and the requested almond cake with friends Tuesday night (see photos). As a symbol of maturity, we purchased our first professionally framed fine art for the house from a local painter to celebrate Carlos' 30th. Come visit if you want to see!


The birthing class was informative, but it gave me something really unexpected: a soaring confidence in my husband! He is already so supportive and encouraging to me, giving me strength and a sense of calm and we're not even started yet! I am so thankful for him and I know I can do anything with him by my side (or clinging to him).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like nice weather and cute goats and friends! It looks like Carlos has a goatee! Does he? I guess I'll see for myself soon enough!
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete